Derryman refused compensation following 2009 RAAD shooting

first_img Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire News Twitter Derryman refused compensation following 2009 RAAD shooting Facebook WhatsApp Pinterest Google+ Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Facebook Google+center_img 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Previous article20-year-old facing charged in relation to Emmett Shiels murder walks freeNext articleDerry man who admitted killing neighbour in RTC escapes jail News Highland By News Highland – September 11, 2012 Pinterest Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic A Derry man who was shot by the vigilante group Republic Action Against Drugs, has been refused compensation for his injuries.In what is thought to be a case of mistaken identity, 45-year-old Paul Ward was shot twice in the stomach and still has a bullet lodged in his back since the shooting three years ago.Mr Ward now claims the Compensation Agency says he will not be compensated because he did not co-operate with the police investigation into the shooting. He says he told the police everything he remembers about that night, including a name mentioned by one of his attackers.Speaking earlier on the Shaun Doherty Show – Mr Ward said a reference he made to approaching his attackers on the street was a reference to RAAD in generral rather than his specific attackers……..[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/pward1pm1.mp3[/podcast] WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitterlast_img read more