Argentine Satellite Will Be Launched by NASA from U.S. Base on 9 June

first_imgBy Dialogo June 02, 2011 Argentina’s SAC-D Aquarius satellite, equipped to measure the salinity of the oceans, will be launched by the U.S. space agency NASA from a California base on 9 June, the project’s executive director announced in Buenos Aires. “On 9 June, Argentina’s SAC-D Aquarius satellite will be launched by NASA, our chief partner in the project, from Vandenberg Air Force Base, in California,” Conrado Baroto, executive director of the government agency responsible for the project, the National Space Activities Commission (CONAE), said at a press conference. Around two hundred people worked on the most active stage of the project, which began in 2009 and in which around 320 million dollars has been invested, of which NASA has contributed 260 million and Argentina the remaining 60 million, Baroto affirmed. Sandra Torrusio, the principal investigator for the initiative, indicated that the satellite, which will be in orbit for five years, at a distance of 657 kilometers from the earth, will have as its chief mission estimating the salinity of seawater using the latest generation of technological instruments. “This will make an unprecedented contribution to the scientific community for the development of long-range climate models,” Torrusio said. The development of the SAC-D Aquarius, defined as a space observatory for the ocean, the weather, and the environment, included contributions from the space agencies of Italy, France, Canada, and Brazil, although CONAE’s chief partner in the project is NASA, which will contribute the satellite launch vehicle. “The satellite is provided with eight instruments, among which NASA is contributing the Aquarius instrument to measure the salinity of seawater, in addition to the launch vehicle,” Argentine project leader Daniel Caruso said for his part, speaking by videoconference from Vandenberg Air Force Base. The orbital station will be capable of measuring atmospheric temperature, pressure, and humidity profiles, as well as having an infrared camera equipped with new technology to monitor fires and volcanoes, among other functions, the Argentine agency explained.last_img read more

Why Nicki Minaj Hasn’t Hired Nanny for 1-Month-Old Son

first_imgOn her own! Nicki Minaj has made the “difficult decision” to not hire a nanny while raising her and Kenneth Petty’s 1-month-old son.When a Twitter user wrote, “Why Nicki can’t be a normal celebrity and get a nanny? Girl I miss you,” on Friday, November 6, the rapper, 37, replied, “Everyone tells me that. Lol. I rlly should get one.”Nicki Minaj Why I Havent Hired Nanny My 5-Week-Old SonKenneth Petty and Nicki Minaj. Courtesy Nicki Minaj/Instagram- Advertisement – The Grammy nominee went on to tweet that her baby boy wants her “undivided attention,” which she is giving. “Last night, I tried to tweet while I was feeding him,” the new mom wrote. “He looked @ me and said, ‘Absolutely TF NOT.’”Us Weekly confirmed last month that Minaj and Petty, 42, had welcomed their first child. The “Super Bass” rapper went on to share her infant’s sex in an October Instagram post thanking Beyoncé, Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Winnie Harlow and Karol G for their well-wishes.“It meant the world to me,” Minaj captioned an Instagram slideshow of handwritten notes at the time. “I am so grateful and in love with my son. Madly in love. My favorite liddo [sic] boy in the whole wide world.”- Advertisement – – Advertisement – The newborn made his debut in October when the Queen Radio host posted a picture of his bare foot. “Happy anniversary, my love,” she captioned the social media upload.The American Music Award winner, who wed Petty in October 2019, has been vocal about her motherhood plans in the past. “I wonder if I’m going to be one of those women who balances my child with a career,” she told Complex in 2014. “I always said, ‘When I have my baby, it’s going to be all about my baby.’ I don’t want the child feeling like they don’t have all of my attention, so I always said, ‘I’m going to take a little break.’ But we’ll see.”Nicki Minaj Why I Havent Hired Nanny My 5-Week-Old SonNicki Minaj. Evan Agostini/Invision/AP/Shutterstock- Advertisement – Minaj added at the time that she didn’t want to become “so consumed with work” that she didn’t live her personal life “to the fullest,” explaining, “I feel like I was put here to be a mother. I definitely will be married before I have my baby. I want to make sure I do it in that order. I’ve always felt like that since I was young; my mother always put that in my head.”Listen to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories!last_img read more

Howe happy to win ugly

first_img The 37-year-old Howe has also said that Monday’s game will not necessarily be about the team who is better in possession, however. Despite the fact that he has observed Rodgers’ methods and the managers’ images of being football purists, Howe insists that out-passing a team is not the only way to win a game. “Our aim is not to outplay Liverpool, or outpass Liverpool, or any nonsense like that,” Howe said. “Our aim is to try and win the game. “Then how we do that, and how you go about best doing that, that is down to how you see the game, so it’s not a competition on passes, it’s a competition on winning the game. “The football really is irrelevant, it’s about finding a way to be competitive. “We certainly don’t follow anybody, we try and take our own lead.” Howe remains without Shaun MacDonald, Harry Arter and Christian Atsu, who respectively have toe, groin and back injuries, as he bids to inspire Bournemouth to recover from last Saturday’s 1-0 defeat by Aston Villa. Press Association Eddie Howe has revealed that Bournemouth are ready to adapt their style in order to survive in the Barclays Premier League.center_img The young manager and his team have attracted admirers over the past few seasons for their commitment to an entertaining brand of football that ultimately inspired their unexpected promotion. On Monday Bournemouth travel to Anfield to challenge Liverpool, whose manager Brendan Rodgers shares a similar reputation for encouraging attacking football and whom Howe has already described as a “role model”. last_img read more

Sako happy to get off the mark

first_img “I knew before the goal came that I was going to hit it so I was confident and very happy that it went in. “Since I was young I’ve had a powerful left foot and that has helped me to score plenty of goals and get some assists.” Scott Dann’s opener was cancelled out by a Papa Souare own goal before Sako’s late intervention, which stifled any debate surrounding another controversial offside decision, when Dwight Gayle had a strike ruled out after it ricocheted in off James McArthur. “The most important thing was the three points,” Sako added. “The whole team wasn’t playing well during the first half but we tried to correct some of those mistakes in the second half and we did brilliantly to get our first goal. “Even after they scored we got back into our shape and went on to score another good goal. “It’s very good to get six points out of nine so we’ve got to keep looking forward to get more points and working hard to get to where we want to go.” Palace next play Shrewsbury in the Capital One Cup before facing Chelsea, the Premier League champions, next weekend. Sako, a free transfer arrival from Wolves, struck three minutes from time at Selhurst Park. “I’m really happy to start here with that game, especially as I got the whole 90 minutes, we got the three points and I got one goal. It’s a dream day for me – I’m buzzing,” Sako said on cpfc.co.uk. Bakary Sako was thrilled with the debut goal which earned Crystal Palace a 2-1 win over Aston Villa on Saturday. Villa will hope to bounce back from a second straight loss against Notts County in the League Cup before facing Sunderland in the league. Ciaran Clark and boss Tim Sherwood tried to accentuate the positives. “We were the better side first half. We had a lot of the ball,” Clark told avfc.com. “That was the plan. Second half it was a different story. They came out and were flying. “They had a couple of chances and were putting us under a lot of pressure. “We did really well to pull it back and with a couple of minutes to go it was just one of those things. “We’ll learn from that and we’ll move on to the next game. That’s all we can do.” Playmaker Jack Grealish returned for Villa and was bright in a much-changed side. “It’s good to have Jack back, he can unlock the door in behind from the midfield,” Sherwood said. Press Associationlast_img read more