The Orange County Clerk of Courts may have money for you

first_img Support conservation and fish with NEW Florida specialty license plate The Anatomy of Fear Please enter your name here You have entered an incorrect email address! Please enter your email address here LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter TAGSOrange County Clerk of CourtsUnclaimed Checks Previous articleUpdating Breaking News: Stabbing victim in South Apopka identifiedNext articleDistrict recognizes July as Lakes Appreciation Month Denise Connell RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Free webinar for job seekers on best interview answers, hosted by Goodwill June 11 Please enter your comment! From the Orange County Clerk of Courts You may not be aware, but the Orange County Clerk’s Office may have money for you in the form of a check. Look at our unclaimed checks list at If you see your name on the list, you have until Sept. 1, 2019 to claim the money.The checks listed are those that were mailed, but never cashed; perhaps because the intended recipient moved away and did not leave a forwarding address, or put the check away and forgot about it.The list of nearly 5,000 checks includes uncashed jury checks, vendor payments, refunds, restitution, and cash bonds from as low as eleven cents to over $9,000. Whether you are an individual, business, or an organization, make sure to view the unclaimed checks list.“Our customers deserve to receive the money that is rightly theirs,” said Clerk of Courts Tiffany Moore Russell. “That is why every year we go above and beyond to spread the word about our unclaimed checks list.”The Clerk’s Office reminds customers who have restitution owed to them on a case in Orange County to make sure they keep our office updated on any address changes to ensure they receive any payments due to them.Please keep in mind, if you do not collect your money by Sept. 1st, Section 116.21 of Florida Statutes says it will be forfeited and deposited into the Clerk’s Fine and Forfeiture Fund.To search the unclaimed checks list, visit If you have searched the list and believe the Clerk’s Office is holding a check for which you have a claim, call 407-836-2200 for more information. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.last_img read more