– Advertisement – Feeling grateful! Blake Shelton took a moment to gush about his new fiancée, Gwen Stefani, at the 2020 People’s Choice Awards on Sunday, November 15.While accepting the award for best country star, Shelton made sure to thank his fans for their support. The “God’s Country” crooner, 44, then gave a special acknowledgment to his longtime love.- Advertisement – The Voice coaches announced their engagement last month via Instagram. At the time, the twosome shared the same snap of themselves smooching while the “Hollaback Girl” singer flashed her new diamond sparkler.Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton attend the 62nd Annual Grammy Awards on January 26, 2020 in Los Angeles. Matt Baron/Shutterstock“@blakeshelton yes please! 💍🙏🏻 ,” she captioned her post, while her longtime beau wrote, “Hey @gwenstefani thanks for saving my 2020 … And the rest of my life. I love you. I heard a YES!”A source told Us that Shelton is eager to wed Stefani. “Blake is just ready to be married and wants it to happen very soon,” the insider exclusively revealed. “Don’t be surprised if it happens by the end of the year.”- Advertisement – “Thank you to my new fiancée, Gwen Stefani,” he said. “That’s S-t-e-f-a-n-i, if you need to Google it to figure out who she is. Thanks for the inspiration and I love you guys, thank you.”Blake Shelton, The Country Artist of 2020, accepts the award onstage for the 2020 E! People’s Choice Awards held at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, California and broadcast on Sunday, November 15, 2020. Christopher Polk/E! EntertainmentShelton previously raved about Stefani, 51, at the 2019 ceremony while receiving the same honor. “Gwen Stefani, I love the s–t out of you,” he said at the time.Us Weekly broke the news in November 2015 that Shelton and Stefani were officially dating. Their relationship came after the duo announced their respective splits from Miranda Lambert and Gavin Rossdale earlier that year.- Advertisement – Leading up to the proposal, the “Happy Anywhere” collaborators had been negotiating their prenup. “They have been in prenup talks for a few months. The process has been extremely effortless,” a source said, adding that there have been “no hiccups, or outrageous demands” from either side.The No Doubt frontwoman shares sons, Kingston, 14, Zuma, 12, and Apollo, 6, with Rossdale, 55. In the past, Stefani raved about what a “good dad” Shelton is to her three boys.“He’s been helping me out a lot,” she said on Today in 2019. “I literally get to the point where I’m like, ‘You’ve got to get home. Come help!’ It’s hard.”Stefani’s sons with the Bush rocker “look up to Blake in a big way,” a source told Us in August. “He’s earned their respect as a father figure. He’s gone from being their friend to being a serious parental influence.”Listen to Watch With Us to hear more about your favorite shows and for the latest TV news!
Photo: City portal Cibalia.info In tumulus 1, ie an earthen mound about 40 meters in diameter and about 1 meter high, a large burial chamber was found in which they were laid. two-wheeled Roman carts with horses. Vinkovci, as the oldest city in Europe, in the area where people have lived continuously for more than 8300 years, keeps many secrets underground, and the entire area of Vinkovci has been declared a protected archaeological zone since 1982. By the way, it is less known how two Roman emperors, Valens and Valentinian, were born in Vinkovci. The excavated tomb, as Kratofil points out, is estimated to date from the 3rd century AD, which ranks it among the youngest examples of this funeral custom. The complex process of documenting the findings, which has been carried out since the beginning of the research, will bring numerous new insights into the construction of Roman chariots, which will ultimately enable their complete reconstruction and presentation in the permanent exhibition of the Vinkovci City Museum. Photo: Novosti.hr “The custom of burying under mounds or tumuli is a remarkable way of burial ritual during the Roman period in the south of the Pannonian Plain, and is associated with extremely wealthy families who played a prominent role in the administrative, social and economic life of Pannonia. By locating an earthen mound along one of the most important roads of the Roman Empire, which connected the Apennine Peninsula with Pannonia and the Balkans and Asia Minor, the aristocratic family living near Cibala wanted to show all travelers passing by this road their prominent status, but also the wealth that possessed. The most significant discovery is the finding of a Roman chariot with harnessed horses, ie it is the first archaeologically investigated ancient burial with a chariot in Croatia.”, Points out the curator of the Vinkovci Museum Boris Kratofil for Novosti.hr Research at this site began in 2017, and these are the first major discoveries, significant to the extent that we have not had anything similar in Croatia so far. This site has aroused great interest in the profession throughout Croatia, according to many archaeologists from all over the country come to see what is happening in Stari Jankovci. “This is a sensational, unique discovery in the whole of Croatia, because this is the first time in our country that such a complex funeral belief from the time of Antiquity has been archaeologically researched and documented. Now follows a long process of restoration and conservation, but also a complete analysis of what was found. I hope that in a few years we will know a little more about the family whose members were buried in this area decades ago, 1.800 years ago. We are more interested in the horses themselves, ie whether they were bred here or came from other parts of the empire, and what they will tell us more about the importance and wealth of this family. We will achieve this through cooperation with domestic and numerous European institutions”, Said Marko Dizdar, director of the Institute of Archeology. Sensational and unique archaeological discovery in the whole of Croatia. Photo / Source: Novosti.hr Archaeologists from the Vinkovci City Museum and the Institute of Archeology in Zagreb yesterday presented the results of research they are conducting at the site in Stari Jankovci.
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
BROOKVILLE, Ind. – Franklin County Council members may have to make more difficult decisions after the state denied the proposed tax increase.The tax hike was expected to bring additional $200,000 in revenues next year, which Council had previously added to the 2015 budget.The Franklin County Observer reports the lack of funds will not be sufficient to avoid a deficit, even after cuts have already been made beginning next year.Citizens have the legal right to demand a public hearing on tax increases through the remonstrance process if they gather a minimum of fifty signatures. The hearing was held by the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance (DLGF).After the hearing, the DLGF later sent a notice to the county disapproving the reestablishment of the Fund due to the county not supplying the department with materials in support of a tax jump, the newspaper reports.The next Franklin County Council meeting is set for Tuesday at 7 p.m.
INDIANAPOLIS – The jobless rate in Indiana held steady in October at 5.7 percent, according to new data released by the Indiana Department of Workforce Development.It marks the tenth month in a row for the state’s unemployment to remain lower than the national average at 5.8 percent.Indiana grew 5,500 private sector jobs in October, led mainly by the Trade, Transportation & Utilities and Manufacturing sectors.Over the past year, Indiana has consistently led the nation in Manufacturing growth, with more than 24,000 jobs added since last October.Locally, Decatur County remains below the state average with unemployment reported at 4.7 percent.The rate in Dearborn County is 5.1 percent and unemployment is 5.2 percent in Franklin County. Jobless numbers in Ripley County are 5.9 percent.Fayette County has the state’s third-highest unemployment rate at 7.1 percent.
Nicholas R. “Nick” Steigerwald, of Dillsboro, Indiana, formerly of Greendale, Indiana, passed away May 26, 2017.He was born February 19, 1962 in Cincinnati, OH. He worked in Construction for Messer Construction. He graduated from St. Xavier High School where he became very involved in Junior Big Brothers, a club organized by one of the faculty, Mr Paul Lammermeier,Surviving are parents,Wally and Jinny Steigerwald of Aurora, IN; Daughter, Rose Steigerwald of Milan, IN; siblings, Shauna (Doug) McCreedy of Hebron, KY, Vince (Mabe) Steigerwald of Cincinnati, OH, Jeff (Kathy) Steigerwald of Aurora, IN, Tim (Chris) Steigerwald of Loveland, OH, Chris (Heather) Steigerwald of Hendersonville, TN, Mark (Bridget) Steigerwald of Lawrenceburg, IN; loving aunts, Kathy & Mary Ellen Kindel; 10 nephews, 8 nieces, and 2 great nieces.Friends will be received Thursday, June 1, 2017, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm at Rullman Hunger Funeral Home, 219 Mechanic Street, Aurora, Indiana.Mass of Christian Burial will be held at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 203 Fourth Street, Friday, June 2, 2017 at 11:00 am, with Father Frank Eckstein and Fr. Stephen Donahue officiating.Interment will follow in the River View Cemetery, Aurora, Indiana.Contributions may be made to The Paul Lammermeier Foundation, providing children in need in Peru. If unable to attend services, please call the funeral home office at (812) 926-1450 and we will notify the family of your donation with a card.Visit: www.rullmans.com
RelatedPosts Italy introduces compulsory virus testing for travellers from France Nigeria records new COVID-19 infections, more deaths as figures rise to 57,242 Tyson Fury to Anthony Joshua: Don’t risk fighting Usyk Anthony Joshua’s first fight as the restored world heavyweight champion could take place in front of no spectators.British boxing’s governing body told promoters on Thursday it hopes to be able to have shows back from July after months of inactivity because of the coronavirus outbreak. Initially, though, Bouts are expected to be held without fans, meaning Joshua’s fight against Kubrat Pulev – the first since the Briton regained his WBA, IBF and WBO belts by beating Andy Ruiz Jr. in December – would surely be switched from its planned venue, the stadium of English soccer club Tottenham which can hold more than 60,000 spectators.The Joshua-Pulev fight had been scheduled for June 20 before being pushed back to an as-yet-unconfirmed date because of the pandemic.A rearranged date of July 25 has been touted.Joshua wanted the first defence of his belts to take place in London.Eddie Hearn, Joshua’s promoter, said his Matchroom Boxing organization was planning to stage “two or three” Saturday fight nights in July before returning with a bigger show, provided boxing and other sports get the go-ahead to return from the British government. Hearn said he wouldn’t want to stage a fight in an enclosed location like a TV studio because he doesn’t see how it “does anything for the sport.”“I want to build a fight camp, a different kind of environment, more dramatic,” Hearn said in an interview with the BBC. “It will look spectacular on TV. We need to dramatize it.“It’s about taking over a hotel, testing all the teams, creating a sterile fight camp where no one goes in until we know they’ve had a negative test. It’s about creating changing room areas, ring walks. It will add to the story.”The British Boxing Board of Control said if boxing was to return in July, there would be an emphasis on “minimal numbers” of officials and broadcast personnel. Medical staff were required at ringside, too.Anyone at the events will have to have been in pre-fight quarantine and had tests for COVID-19. There will initially be a maximum of five fights in a show. The BBBofC said it continues to follow advice from government and medical authorities.—Tags: Andy Ruiz JrAnthony JoshuaCoronavirusTottenham Hotspur
Press Association The 27-year-old’s agent, Willie McKay, raised the possibility of Taylor making a temporary move earlier this week, with his path to the first team currently blocked by Fabricio Coloccini, Mike Williamson and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa following his recovery from injury. However, manager Alan Pardew is adamant that he needs Taylor at his disposal and the player is now stepping up his efforts to force his way into the 52-year-old’s plans. The defender, who played 90 minutes for the club’s Under-21s side in their 4-1 win over Norwich on Friday, told the Shields Gazette: “I want to play football. I want to play as much football as I can. “If I’m not going to get in the team, then obviously we will have to look at something else. “But at this moment in time, the manager has come out and said that, so we will have to wait and see. Hopefully soon I will be back in amongst it. I’ll wait to see what happens. “At Newcastle, I have had competition all my career. I thrive on that and it doesn’t bother me one bit. The manager makes a decision and you have just got to accept that. “I need to keep working hard and knuckling down.” Newcastle defender Steven Taylor is ready to fight for his place after being told he will not be allowed to leave the club on loan next month.
Press Association There has been a sharp contrast between the Toffees’ domestic results and those in the Europa League, but perhaps even more so in their performances. They have struggled to find the pace and potency that made them such an exciting prospect in Martinez’s debut season in charge last term and have scored just once in their last four league games. But in Europe they have again looked free-flowing, and never more so than in Thursday night’s 4-1 victory over Young Boys in Switzerland. Manager Martinez said: “I think it shows in Europe this season we’ve been perfect. And when I say perfect, we’ve been enjoying our football. “I think we’ve produced some exciting, attacking play. We’ve been brave. I think we’ve showed an incredible character and it’s helped young players to learn a lot very quickly, and it’s helped the experienced players to show us the direction. “It highlights that we need to take that into our domestic form. This season, because of very small margins, we haven’t been able to get a real momentum, which allows you to have a real enjoyment in the games you go into. “That’s what we’re going to use. I do feel we’ve been very confident in our play in the last few games. Probably Thursday’s result will be the final push to really enjoy our football in every game in the league from now until the end of the season, and that’s a really important target of ours.” The one black mark from Thursday’s game was a red card for defender John Stones, who was penalised for pulling back Guillaume Hoarau in front of goal. Everton were 4-1 up at the time and Young Boys could not punish Stones’ error, with Hoarau missing the penalty. Martinez refused to see the 20-year-old’s dismissal as a negative, saying: ” It has affected him, but in a positive manner. I think he’ll become a better player because of that. “When you talk about the experiences in Europe, in big games, the young players benefit from it. Clearly John will do that. In a game where you’re going to be in a hostile environment, you need to be very clear in your decisions. “The reaction from the team was phenomenal with 10 men and the sending off didn’t affect the scoreline. Obviously John has got a lot to thank his team-mates for, but in the same manner John has become a better player because of that.” Pictures in The Sun showed stewards using an umbrella to shield Stones as he made his way off the pitch, with the newspaper reporting this was due to objects being hurled from the stands in his direction. Everton declined to comment on whether they would be complaining to UEFA about the matter. Martinez said of Stones: “He didn’t mention it. He was quite down because of the football action, nothing else. “It was an incredible environment at the ground. I heard it was a quite hostile way that he left the pitch but I think everyone helped him through and it’s not an issue from our point of view. “Clearly what we want is phenomenal environments to play our games. But always well controlled and healthy.” Martinez expects to have left-back Leighton Baines available for Sunday’s clash with Leicester after three games out with a minor knee problem. He is likely to replace Bryan Oviedo, who felt his hamstring against Young Boys, but Steven Naismith should recover from a knock. Aaron Lennon, cup-tied in the Europa League, returns but Gareth Barry is suspended and Aiden McGeady, Leon Osman and Steven Pienaar are all set to miss out. Roberto Martinez wants Everton to use their “perfect” form in Europe to ensure they finish the Premier League season strongly.
(REUTERS) – Claudio Ranieri said his “dream died” when he was sacked by Leicester City nine months after leading them to the Premier League title against all the odds.The Italian was fired on Thursday with Leicester one place and one point above the relegation zone.“Yesterday my dream died,” Ranieri said in a statement yesterday. “After the euphoria of last season and being crowned Premier League champions all I dreamt of was staying with Leicester; the club I love for always. Sadly this was not to be.”Ranieri’s dismissal has been met with widespread shock.“The adventure was amazing and will live with me forever,” the 65-year-old manager said.“My heartfelt thanks to everybody at the club, everybody who was part of what we achieved, but mostly to the supporters. You took me into your hearts from day one and loved me. I love you too.”Leicester started last season as 5000-1 outsiders to win the English top-flight title for the first time in their history.“No-one can ever take away what we achieved together and I hope you think about it and smile every day the way I always will,” Ranieri said.“It was a time of wonderfulness and happiness that I will never forget. It’s been a pleasure and an honour to be a champion with all of you.”